Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Very Short Discussion

A day or two before Thanksgiving I was talking to my sister. We were discussing who was bringing what, etc., and making plans. Hubby and I hosted Thanksgiving.

Out of the blue she says, "I'm saying Grace."

Without a micro-second's hesitation I said, "Oh, no you're not! I'M saying Grace. But don't worry, I'll be sure to include all the things YOU have to be thankful for too."

It got real quiet.

For what felt like a LONG time.

Then I said, "Or we could BOTH say Grace."

Mind you, this is my one and only sister. She is less than a full year older than me. We are as close as two people can possibly be. (But truth be told, she always 'ran the show' so to speak when we were growing up.)

But, to make a short story shorter, she conceded.

Like a good big sister should.

I LOVE YOU BIG-SISTER-OF-MINE!

No comments: